Vikas Vasudeo Joshi is a technology entrepreneur. He is the founder of the Pune-headquartered Harbinger Group, which includes Harbinger Systems, Harbinger Knowledge Products, and Harbinger Interactive Learning, with offices in Redmond, Washington and Pleasanton, California.
Joshi completed his bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay in 1985. He completed his master’s degree in computer science and mechanical engineering, both from Syracuse University in 1988. He is Harvard Business School alum, having completed the Owner-President Management Program in 2013.
Joshi founded Harbinger Group in 1990. The group companies focus on software development services, interactivity-based software products and learning content development services. Joshi is recognized for his contributions in the field of eLearning. His best-known product is Raptivity, a rapid interactivity builder, with users in more than 60 countries. He holds two US patents based on his inventions in interactivity-based education technology. Joshi was a speaker at the World Entrepreneurship Forum in 2010.
Awards and recognition:
- 2013: Recognized in top ten World e-learning movers and shakers in 2013
- 2012: Conferred with the Distinguished Service Award by IIT Bombay
- 2010: Member of the World Entrepreneurship Forum, a global think-tank dedicated to entrepreneurs, creators of wealth and social justice
- 2010: Named in ASTD Speakers Bureau
- 2009: Featured in the TV program “Swades” on Zee Business, which features entrepreneurs who returned to India and set up successful enterprises
- 2008: Recognized as e-learning thought leader by TrainingIndustry.com
Under his leadership, Harbinger Group companies have received the following corporate awards-
- 2010: Red Herring Global 100
Ref : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikas_Joshi